Photobucket

7/1/08

3 Women at the Top of the Game

(in no particular order) These three women are KILLIN the scene right now, and are some of the most talented people to grace the limelight.

Photobucket

Invincible
Invincible is by no means a new artist, but she's just starting to get her props. Her flow is rediculous, and she can spit with the best of em. I heard her new album "Shapeshifters", and I must say...there were a couple of verses that I had to rewind, and I was like "What the F@#k did she just say?" or "Damn, she really spit on that.." In her Docu-music-video "Locusts", she and Finale speak on the epidemic that is happening in almost every American city...Gentrification. Throughout the album, she definitely drops jewels that can't be ignored, and all of the features match the overall feel of the album.



Jack Davey
I love Jack Davey! Any female that shaves half of her head for the sake of style definitely gets props from me! She's got a sound that I've never heard, from beats to vocals to fashion. I know "Mr. Mister" is not a new joint, but it's one of my favorites, and the video is definitely a classic! I've been waiting for this album for a minute, and I would be disappointed with anything less than a classic. They DO have the "Land of the Lost" mixtape which features the folks Bleu Collar, Diz, and Trackademicks, and that was heat!


Jean Grae
What more can I say about Jean Grae...I don't think there's ever been an artist like this. She got a playful side that comes out in her songs, but her flow is so serious. People may think that Invincible and Jean Grae sound similar (they definitely got a similar feel) but I think Jean Grae has the ability to grab your attention, and tell you a story...and she has a authenticity about her that is unparalleled. Rumor has it that she is retiring (I hope that's not true), but if she does, there won't be another female emcee like her.

1 comments:

Jacqueline said...

ok i love it. find me top 3 women in the industry now