Photobucket

12/31/08

Freddie Hubbard - Red Clay



I wanna say Rest in Peace to one of the greatest jazz musicians in the game, Mr. Freddie Hubbard. Let me (if I may) tell an interesting story dealing with Freddie Hubbard and a recent blog post. For those who don't know, I try to post some non-Hip Hop goodness every Friday, and a couple Fridays ago, I posted Freddie Hubbard 'Sky Dive'. Usually when I post a Jazz artist, I try to add links, pics, etc. Well, for this particular post, I was in a rush, and I didn't get to post anything besides the link. Of course this is a simple coincidence, but it's something I thought I'd note. This is my Favorite Freddie Hubbard album, 'Red Clay'.

The small consolation is that he lived a full life, playing with some of the best in the game. His career spanned well over three decades, and he has undoubtedly left his mark in Jazz History. Please download this classic album, it is a guaranteed classic. I got some more Freddie, I'll post it later, no doubt.



Red Clay



Rest in Peace.