Photobucket

6/21/08

2008 NBA Finals wrap up

So I finished watchin the Lakers crash and burn in the finals, and I couldn't be more suprised. It was as if they didn't know they had to go through the eastern conference to win the championship. Or maybe their goal was to get Kobe the MVP trophy that has eluded him for so many years, because it seems like they were content with just those two moral victories. Just like in Boston, they don't hang Western Conference banners in the arena, and the Lakers thought they did.
Here's my synopsis...Gasol was charmin soft, Odom NEVER lives up to his height and size. Yeah, sure, he can take it to hole like a point guard, but he finishes like he's on the JV team. Kobe could score in the 1st quarter, but he couldn't keep it goin for the whole game. I gotta give it up to the Celtics though. I've haven't seen Kobe look like that for years, and their role players stepped it up when they had to. I hate to admit it, but I'm happy for KG, and Inglewood HS player Paul Pierce, and Doc is a likeable guy, so I'm not completely upset. I can also appreciate KG's emotion when he won. I don't think I've ever seen a player show that much exuberance for winning a championship, and it is appreciated when a player DOES care.
I aint mad though. Kobe aint even 30 years old, and the team made the finals and still has a lot of room for improvement. The Lakers will get there in due time.

0 comments: