Photobucket

6/24/08

2008 BET Music Awards

So I'm at the Live taping of the BET awards right now, and I got to
admit its a cool experience, the performances are well done, and its
something I'll probably do once in my life, but I would still rather
have the cash value of the tickets and be somewhere else. I've attached
a pic of our seats, to show how good the comps were.
Photobucket
Some of the lowlighs were seein half of the people not even show up to
accept their awards (Missy Eliott and The-Dream) and the terrible comedy
routines before each award was given. Also the visuals for the awards
given were pretty wack, and some were even bit maped.
The Highlights include Alicia Keys bringin out SWV, En Vogue, and TLC,
Kanye winning best rap artist, and the support for Barak Obama. I was
definitely glad about the En Vogue, and I couldn't help but to think the
Phife line ("..used to have a crush on Dawn from En Vogue. Its not like
honey dip would wanna get w/ me, but just in case I got more condoms
than TLC." This definitely came into play because TLC and En Vogue were
on the same stage, and sadly Ironic because the reference was to Left Eye
who isn't here.)
My suggestions for next year is to have all award winners in attendance.
It really makes BET look bad.

One more thing I gotta meantion...and I gotta bust out my man Dj Khalid again. T-Pain, Ludacris, Big Boi, and others did 'I'm So Hood' on stage, and Dj Khalid made use of his apperance by running around the stage, shoutin about how Hood he is. I don't mind that at all, but I thought it was pretty sad to see that this is what the DJ has become in Hip Hop now a days. Khalid is a DJ, but he didn't touch a set turntables during his performance. WTF? This is Hip Hop in 2008.

Last but not least, Al Green accepted the lifetime achevement award, and did a performance. I can now say that I've seen Rev. Al Green perform live! That was definitely worth the trip.
I feel like a goddam tmz reporter givin yall the gossip from the BET music awards, but like me going to another award show, it won't happen again.
All n All, I'd give the BET award show an 7 out of 10. But that's just cuz I was there live. If I saw it on tv, it would've...well, I probably wouldn't have. (Sent from my mobile device)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haylow: dj, celebrity blogger, unenthusiast.

Where's the pic? I wanna see your comp game. Bring me back some Pinky's & an Island Burger.