Photobucket

9/20/09

Rest in Peace DJ Roc Raida (May 18, 1972 – September 19, 2009)

Photobucket


It is sad to say we have lost another musical talent, DJ Roc Raida. The irony of his passing, along with DJ AM's passing is that these are two major figures which I revered, but for completely different reasons, and during different phases in my DJ career. During the late '90s I studied the routines, and marveled at the body tricks. I never tried to do em, because I knew I couldn't. During that time, the Bay and LA we're such a major hub for DJ battling, but Roc Raida and the X-Men symbolized the New York DJ sound. Although Roc Raida was taken way too soon, lived a full life. He was an esteemed musician, loved by all, and he left a huge impact on DJ culture. His legacy will live strong, and he will always be recognized as one of the greatest to ever do it.

Roc Raida Old School Mixtape (1996)
(from www.knowgoodmusic.blogspot.com)

Side A Side B



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket







0 comments: